important note to "FSBOs" (For Sale by Owners):
If you are thinking about taking it upon yourself to sell your home, we honestly wish you the best of luck. Why pay professionals if you can do it yourself ! We have even provided free blank contracts and documents for the sale of your own property (click here) - but take a minute to read the important information below.
Here are some things you should consider:
If you can sell on your own and get a great price in the same amount of time - there is no reason to use a broker. But can you? Remember, taking this important matter into your own hands could prove costly if you're not market savvy and able to cover all the bases.
1) We are team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals licensed by the Dept of State. We have the experience, expertise and the marketing means that you may lack. We help sellers through the entire home selling process to bring about a sale. Not only are some of our seller listing plans about 1/2 the cost of the corporate agencies, but some of these plans include a special FSBO offer where sellers may continue to sell on your own AND list with us at the same time. If you end up selling your home before we do, you owe us nothing. - that's right, no charge! - It's the best of both worlds. If you do find your own buyer, as a further courtesy to you we will provide the contracts you will need to fill out and any additional advice about how to secure your sale.
We know almost all qualified buyers eventually work with a Realtor.
Buyers want to see everything available in their price range and
they know working with a Realtor is FREE. They meet an agent,
build a working relationship and many times leave it up to that
agent to find the house. If you're selling "FSBO" -
how much exposure do you really have? A Realtor will almost ALWAYS
recommend homes listed on the MLS.
Northeast Advantage will list your home on the Capital Region - Multiple Listing Service (MLS) which accounts for as much as 90%* of all home sales in this area (What is the MLS?). Realtors from every agency work with qualified buyers that want to see available local properties. Not being included in the CRMLS will substantially limit your potential market. How many home buyers will even know your property is for sale if your only advertising is a "For Sale" sign on your front lawn or some obscure FSBO website?
3) When you list your home with us, there is no payment due up front. Any payment to our agency comes directly out of purchase funds at closing. Just relax and let us do the work.
We know more than 85% (NAR statistics) of all For Sale by Owners
(FSBO's) eventually end up listing their home with a Real Estate
Broker. Why? ...see number 2.
5) We work closely with most area banks and mortgage finance companies. We know where to go to get financing for borderline buyers. We are experts at avoiding unnecessary problems for our clients. Part of our obligation to you as your agent is to screen out buyers who cannot get mortgage financing and other time wasters. Would you know what to look for and how to proceed?
6) We take our job seriously. Selling your property and getting the price you expect is a BIG job. We are available seven days a week to answer questions for potential buyers and other agents. You, on the other hand, may not have that kind of time to devote to the sale of your home. While we market your home, your leisure & work activities will not be interrupted.
7) Statistics show that most buyers prefer to work with a professional rather than deal directly with the sellers. Some buyers simply will not buy from a seller directly.
8) We are able to provide you with feedback from showings. This enables you to gauge the eventual sale price better. Out of fear of being offensive, most buyers do not feel comfortable relating honest feedback directly to the seller. How will you know what buyers are really thinking about your home?
What is the MLS ?
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is an extensive local association of
Real Estate Agencies and Realtors© that share properties for
sale in our region. It is in fact the most powerful and effective
way of selling because it encourages Realtors© from all agencies
to show your home to their Buyer clients.
Most buyers work with a Realtor© to find them a suitable home.
Statistics show that as much as 90% of all area homes
are sold by Realtors© using the MLS.
If the only advertising you have is through an obscure, un-noticed For Sale by Owner website or a sign on your front lawn, how many potential qualified buyers have no idea your home is even on the market?
Why do most home buyers prefer to use the services of a Realtor © ?
First and foremost, the services of a Realtor© to a buyer in our area are generally free of charge. buyers get our advice, expertise, and experience just by asking. We provide them with computer print outs or email reports of any new home listings coming out that day, hour, or even minute! With this kind of an offer, why would a buyer want to be without the protection of an agent in todays market?